As Field Players what do you think your goalkeepers should be doing?
- Stop shots and crosses
- Support the defense
- Provide an overall tactical understanding of the game to guide the team
- Have a psychological makeup that leads the team. . .even when other players make mistakes.
- Provide the concentration level to ensure that the rest of the team can focus on what they do.
- Lead vocally during run of play
- Be the traffic cop when defending free kicks.
- Take all goalkicks utilizing the recent changes to the Laws of the Game (LOTG)
Leave a Reply